Our Sunlighten sauna provides 3-in-1 infrared technology, delivering near, mid and far infrared wavelengths with customizable programs for improving skin health, weight loss, improved circulation and general body detox. While traditional saunas use heat to warm the air and then warm your body, our sauna uses infrared light to warm your body, delivering superior benefits. Our Sunlighten sauna also includes Chromotherapy, in which blue, violet, red or green incandescent light is added to the environment, with the specific color chosen based on an individual’s desire to lower anxiety, increase mood or increase energy. Chromotherapy can be an excellent aid to those suffering from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). Combine 1 of the 6 Wellness Programs with Chromotherapy for maximum benefits.
Mid and Far infrared start at a high intensity to increase the body’s core temperature then reduces to a low, comfortable intensity level. The MIR and FIR combination improves vascular access flow to reach toxins at the cellular level.
Strong Green, Strong Blue or Pink
A low, constant intensity level of far and near infrared penetrates tissue to help with various skin concerns. NIR LED improve overall skin tone, elasticity and firmness promoting anti-aging benefits.
Mid and far infrared start at a high intensity to stimulate the cardiovascular system then reduces to a medium level. As the body works to cool itself, there is an increase in heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate similar to exercise.
Orange, Red or Yellow
- Red – Red is believed to increase the pulse, raise blood pressure and increase the rate of breathing. Red would be applied to support circulatory and nervous functions.
- Strong Pink – Strong pink acts as a cleanser, strengthening veins and arteries.
- Pink – Pink activates and eliminates impurities in the blood stream.
- Orange – Orange is a mixture of red and yellow. Activates and eliminates localized fat and assists with asthma and bronchitis.
- Strong Yellow – Strong yellow strengthens the body and activates internal tissues.
- Yellow – Yellow, the brightest color used in chromotherapy, has been used to purify the skin, help with indigestion, strengthen the nervous system, treat glandular diseases, hepatitis and lymphatic disorders and assist metabolism.
- Green – Green, a color associated with harmony, provides a neutral, positive calming effect.
- Strong Green – Strong green provides anti-infectious, antiseptic and regenerative stimulation.
- Strong Blue – Strong blue lubricates joints, helps address stress, nervous tension and infections.
- Blue – Blue promotes relaxation and calm. Blue exhibits tranquilizing qualities often used to relieve headaches and migraines, colds, stress, nervous tension, rheumatism, stomach pains, muscle cramps and liver disorders. Blue is thought to have a positive effect on all kinds of pain.
- Indigo – Indigo is used to address conditions involving the eyes, ears and nose. It has a calming, sedative effect.
- Violet – Violet is used to calm the nervous system, soothe organs and relax muscles. Violet has meditative qualities and is often used to treat conditions of the lymphatic system and spleen, as well as urinary disorders and psychosis.
We recommend arriving 15 minutes prior to your first appointment. This will allow for time to show you how the sauna works and to fill out the necessary paperwork.
If you are new to infrared saunas you may not sweat at first. IR Saunas heat your body with light rather than steam in a traditional sauna.
We provide towels, combs, make up remover, hair dryer, shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. Please bring any additional personal care items you would like to use before and after your sauna.
We require you to shower before getting in the sauna. This will open your pores and remove any lotions that might be on your skin.
After showering, you will then step into the preheated sauna. There will be a towel on the bench for you to sit on. You can wear loose fitting clothing, another towel, or nothing at all. The room is totally private- so it’s up to you!
While in the sauna you can listen music, watch Netflix or use the internet on the tablet in the sauna. You will also be able to use your phone safely.
This is a private sauna with only one guest at a time. Most people go in nude, with towels laid out under them. If you are not comfortable with that, then a bathing suit or loose breathable clothes, like gym shorts and a tank top, are fine. It is best to go in with nothing on your skin (like lotions or makeup) as that could affect the way your body sweats.
We require that you shower before using the sauna. Showering helps to cleanse your skin of dirt and dry skin, opening your pores allowing your body to sweat sooner. You will sweat in the sauna, but are not required to shower after. We suggest not using lotion after your sauna. Your skin will look and feel amazing without it.
Hydrate!!! You should be drinking at least 16-24 oz of water in the hour leading up to using the sauna. Water, coconut water, or electrolyte enriched drinks are best. Avoid drinks with caffeine, like coffee, tea or soda. These drinks can dehydrate you. You should not eat an hour before going into the sauna. After the sauna it is important to rehydrate. A smoothie, fresh vegetables or fruit are good choices.
You don’t need to bring anything. We will provide you with towels and toiletries, for a quick shower before using the sauna and, again, once you get out. You are, of course, welcome to bring your own toiletries or personal care products.
Yes. You will be able to control the temperature of the sauna, as well as the wavelengths and colors, should you want chromotherapy. We will aid you in selecting settings.
You may want to bring a magazine or book in with you. Your phone or tablet should be fine, as well.
The high heat of the sauna kills germs and bacteria. We also wipe down and disinfect the sauna after each use.
Yes. We offer a selection of music to listen to in the sauna, delivered by integrated speakers.
No. The sauna should not be used by anyone with a pacemaker or defibrillator.
No. Our sauna is not available to women who are pregnant. We do not feel enough is known about infrared light and pregnancy.
Our sauna is not intended for children.
Yes, but you must not smoke for 2 hours prior to using the sauna. The sauna can draw out tobacco odors, nicotine and tar from your body, which can damage the sauna, as well as affect other users.
You can read or you can meditate. The sauna does the work. Relax.
Reduced swelling, pain relief, improved circulation, weight loss, improved sleep, help with depression, help healing scars, and more.
It is always recommended to consult your physician before starting something new, but infrared saunas are quite safe. Since users perspire, one should hydrate well, with water or an electrolyte beverage, like Gatorade. Since saunas take a bit of getting used to, we recommended starting with 15- minute sessions, if you are new to IR saunas, then building up to 30 or 60 minute sessions.